Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trying to get a look and feel

I know, I know...it's been forever. I've been working on other blogs and have woefully neglected my first effort. I've also been trying to figure out exactly what content I want to feature here. For awhile, I was doing technical book reviews more or less exclusively here, but I ran out of bandwidth to do that kind of writing. I've been pining to get back to something like that lately, but maybe not with such an emphasis.

I love reading. I really enjoy it. I also like to write about what I read, but I read all kinds of books. The theological tomes I'm reserving for another blog entirely so if that's not your cup of tea, you don't have to be concerned that such content will appear here. On the other hand, I'm having a lot of fun reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. I have been trying to get together with a few other folks for a "book club" of sorts, but the priorities of the various members seem a bit scattered, so it's not as successful as I'd hoped. Even if the "club" doesn't continue, I now have the desire to expand my reading selections into other more "literary areas.

I've changed the theme and imagery of the blog significantly but I still don't know if I really like it. I'll probably keep tinkering with it, but expect new content to appear here pretty soon. I'll still review books on technical subjects I like, but I also want to talk about (even if it's just to myself) my other "biblio" interests.

Please stand-by. There is nothing wrong with your television set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make comments.