Monday, January 19, 2009

And I will not leave them undone

A friend sent an email to me the other day (ok, sent it to my wife...then she sent it on to me) that made me pause. Lately, I've been so focused on the whole Hamas/Israel conflict in Gaza (just read this blog and my Facebook posts, if you don't believe me) and how the traditional "world view" of the media skews evil into righteousness (and vice versa). This email was sent by a person living in Israel and who is witnessing these events first hand. She had some good advice for everyone, particularly me. While I don't regret my stance on the conflict and calling the terrorists what they are, I realized that I was missing out on the "real" battle. As anyone who reads this blog (all two of you) has probably figured out, I believe in the God of the Bible and the promises He made; that Israel has been given to the Jewish people in perpetuity. I believe the day will come when God Himself will do battle for Israel, and that one day, the battle will be over.
But everyone shall sit under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid; For the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken. --Micah 4:4
I was forgetting that, as tragic as the war is, and as tragic as the loss of innocent life is, that there is a much larger perspective to consider.
These are the things I will do, And I will not leave them undone. They will be turned back and be utterly put to shame who trust in idols, who say to molten images, "You are our gods..." Isaiah 42:16-17
God will keep His promises and evil will ultimately be defeated. I'm not pointing fingers at individual Palestinians and calling them "evil" but the process of evil; the process that allows Hamas to endlessly launch rockets into Southern Israel and lets the world hardly notice; yet the world screams its head off when Israel dares to defend itself. This is what will be defeated. It will get much, much worse before it gets better. What we are seeing now is what the Bible talks about when all nations will turn against Israel and the Jewish people. As they say on "Family Guy", it really "grinds my gears", but it's got to happen. As much as I hate it, this process must continue and will be fulfilled, ultimately, finally, in God fighting for His people and His Land. They will be turned back...but not when I want it to happen. They will be turned back at the right time, when He says it is to happen. I will continue to stand up for what I believe is right and just, but I'll also try to be better at waiting for the author of Justice to right the wrongs and defend the innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make comments.