Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Next Book Review

Since my review of Joe Haldeman's The Accidental Time Machine ruffled a few feathers in the forums at LXer.com, I thought my next review should be on a book that wouldn't bring up issues of "political correctness". I was at my local public library and happened to run across a copy of Bill Tancer's Click: What Millions of People Are Doing Online and Why it Matters and thought it looked interesting. The reviews on Amazon are mixed, but generally favorable. It's on a topic that is both professionally and personally interesting and, at only a little more than 200 pages long, seems like a quick read. I should probably say that I have nothing against the fine folks at LXer.com (pronounced "elixir"). They've published links to many of my book reviews over the past few years, including reviews that, strictly speaking, had little to do with FOSS. The "discussion" of the religious interpretations found in the Haldeman novel were, after all, extremely predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make comments.